National Save For Retirement Week is just around the corner: Oct. 18-24. The week should be a good reminder of the importance of saving beyond the pension system. A crisis like we’ve had over the past year does not occur very often and it presents us with a great opportunity to improve our long-term investment returns.
Nationwide retirement specialists will be available to answer all of your Deferred Compensation questions such as what the Deferred Compensation program is, what it means to invest pre-tax dollars, or how a change in contribution affects your paycheck. They are available to meet with you for a one-on-one account review at your workplace. While they are not allowed to give financial advice, they are there to help guide you through the process so you can make the right investment decisions for yourself. For further information call the Deferred Compensation office at (619) 531-5840.
- Oct. 20: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m, CAC Cafeteria, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego
- Oct. 21: noon to 2 p.m., HHSA Rosecrans Lobby, 3851 Rosecrans St., San Diego
- Oct. 21: noon to 2 p.m., COC Annex Hallway at Suite B, 5201 Ruffin Road, SD
- Oct. 22: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Vista Courthouse Lobby, 325 S. Melrose Dr., Vista
- Oct. 22: noon to 2 p.m., Hall of Justice Lobby, 330 W. Broadway, San Diego